In This Article
- Tools Q & A: Ryobi P506 Review vs Ryobi P507
- Ryobi P506 Review vs Ryobi P507
- Which Should You Buy – Ryobi P506 or Ryobi P507?
- Ryobi Cordless ONE+ Starter Kit with Ryobi P506 Circular Saw
Tools Q & A: Ryobi P506 Review vs Ryobi P507
Having a reliable cordless circular saw on the job is a must. Whether you opt to get the Ryobi P506 or the newer Ryobi P507 circular saw is a matter of an inch more cutting blade and a few other details we go into in our review below.
Ryobi P506 Review vs Ryobi P507
Both the Ryobi P506 & P507 feature an easy grip rubber overmold handle that makes it easy to control the circular saw in less than optimal conditions. Not sure when you’d be sawing in the rain or in an oil slick -but you might have slippery fingers from WD40 or bar chain oil.
The P506 has an adjustable red line laser guide lights up when you start up the circular saw. This is a great feature when you’re working and must saw straight lines. An adjustable bevel lets you change your angle up to 50 degrees and you can adjust your surface depth up to 1 9/16th of an inch.
The Ryobi P506 & P507 circular saws are compatible with Ryobi batteries including the P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108.
The big differences between the Ryobi P506 and the Ryobi P507 are the size of the blade, the cutting angle and the motor.
On the Ryobi P507, it’s a full 1″ larger and gives you more cutting depth and surface than the P506.
And, Ryobi says that the P507 has 40% more power in this motor than the P506 does.
Guys who’ve used the P507 like the power in this machine, and are pretty much in agreement that even with a cordless circular saw, the motor is strong enough to get all the work done that they need during the day. The bonus of not having to plug in is worth a slight reduction in technical power vs a corded saw, but they haven’t noticed a difference between corded and cordless.
The Ryobi P507 also has an angle adjustment up to 56 degrees which is more than the P506’s 50 degrees.
The P507 has a keyed blade change, a maximum cut depth @ 45 geg. of 1.44″, a maximum 4700rpm speed, and weighs 5lb – and comes with a 3 year warranty.
Which Should You Buy – Ryobi P506 or Ryobi P507?
If you need a deeper cut and can live without the laser guide, buy the P507. If you don’t need the extra 1″ of depth, get the P506. You’ll save a few bucks with the P506.
If you buy Ryobi products from Home Depot or Ryobination.com you can get the tool with a 3 year warranty.
The RYOBI 18V ONE+™ 6-1/2 in. Circular Saw works with any18V ONE+ battery (sold separately) and is a part of the ONE+™ System of over 100 great tools that all work with the same 18V battery platform.
If you opt to buy the Ryobi P507 at Home Depot or Amazon, guys buy this trio of cutting tool options together a lot.
Ryobi Cordless ONE+ Starter Kit with Ryobi P506 Circular Saw
If you are new to Ryobi ONE+™ tools, you can get the P506 circular saw as part of a starter kit that includes a drill/driver with bit, impact driver with bit and socket adaptor, circular saw with blade and blade wrench, two 18-Volt ONE+ compact LITHIUM+ batteries and a dual chemistry charger.
Ryobi ONE+™ Tools System
Ryobi ONE+™ system is a great set of tools if you are looking for a brand of battery operated tools to make your own.
Here’s a list of the best selling Ryobi battery powered tools you can buy. No more “battery salad” in the back of your truck or tool box. Stick to one battery operated brand and keep your work life simpler. The info is pulled from the Amazon API, so it is updated regularly but may pull in a few Ryobi accessories that aren’t power tools.
- Reciprocating saw's anti-vibe handle reduces user fatigue during prolonged use. Reciprocating saw's adjustable, pivoting shoe allows depth-of-cut control and more efficient use of blade. Circular saw features an ExactLine laser, which automatically activates during use for improved cutting accuracy. Work light has a multi-functional design capable of sitting flat on battery, on end, or hanging for ultimate lighting versatility and the swivel head directs light where needed.
- Over 70 great ONE tools work with the same 18V battery platform
- Any 18V ONE blue or green tool works with any 18V ONE battery
- Kit includes two 18V ONE Compact Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Includes 2 P102 compact lithium-ion batteries and P118 dual chemistry charger, also works with these batteries (P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, P108) and chargers (P113, P114, P117, P131, P125)
- 2 Batteries, Charger, Tool Bag, Drill, Circular Saw, Work Light, Reciprocating Saw
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: Works with any power tool from the Ryobi One+ System. Use this on your cordless routers, circular saws, reciprocating saws, blowers, and more
- MORE POWER: This extra large battery holds over 4 times more power than the other, smaller models
- QUICK CHARGE: The P108 can be fully charged in as little as one hour
- FUEL GAUGE: An onboard fuel gauge lets you know how much power you have before it needs recharging
- FADE-FREE POWER: The P108 lithium ion battery will work at full strength for as long as the battery is charged, so you don't have to worry about your tools slowing down when it comes to crunch time
- CROSS COMPATIBLE: The base of this tool is compatible with heads from other companies, like the Ridgid JobMax line. Now you have the freedom to pick the head most tailored to your job, so you can get it done right
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: Use Ryobi 18 Volt lithium ion batteries with this system. If you have batteries from the Ryobi One+ family, you'll be able to get to work as soon as you take this out of the box. Compatible with P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108 (batteries not included)
- 3 INCLUDED HEADS: 1 x Sanding Head, 1 x Crescent Saw Head, 1 x Straight Woodcutting Saw Head
- HEX RUBBER MOLDING: Keep an easy grip, even in slippery conditions. With the special overgrip designed to maximize contact points with your hand, giving you improved control when you're digging around in hard-to-reach places
- LED LIGHTING: Pull the trigger, and a bright LED will shine brightly onto your work subject. It's specially designed to keep the light from being blocked by the tool, so you'll have the most light coverage for when you find yourself without worklights
- PLAY YOUR MUSIC from a smartphone with the integrated Bluetooth technology or through the onboard auxiliary in port
- CHARGE YOUR DEVICES with the added USB port. Keep your phone accessible on the back of the system with the integrated strap. Keep your accessories back there, as well
- AM / FM RADIO enhanced with a sturdy rubber antenna that conveniently folds into the system when you're finished
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This portable radio works with any Ryobi One+ Lithium Ion Battery (P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, P108)
- ONBOARD CLOCK powered by AAA batteries will keep time for months, if not years
- RUBBER OVERMOLD: A notched mold on the pistol grip allows you to keep a firm hold on this tool for improved accuracy, even in slippery conditions
- TRI-BEAM LED LIGHTING illuminates your workspace upon activating the trigger, letting you see where you work
- TOOL-FREE BIT CHANGING: Simply plug a bit into the chuck to lock it in. Pull the collar back to eject the bit into the palm of your hand
- MAGNETIC TRAY keeps fasteners and bits on the unit so you can have both hands-free for extra stability
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This tool is part of the One+ family of 18V power tools. This means that 18V Ryobi batteries, both lithium ion and NiCad, are compatible
- EASY GRIP: Rubber overmold makes it easy for you to grip and control this tool, even in slippery conditions
- LASER GUIDE: The tool generates a red line on the work surface in front of the saw upon the tool's activation, letting you see where you're working
- ADJUSTMENT: Easy-access knobs let you adjust your depth up to 1 9/16 inches and your beveling angle from 0 to 50 degrees
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This tool is compatible with many Ryobi battery, including the P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
- INCLUDED BLADE AND BLADE WRENCH: A 5 1/2 inch blade, tipped with carbide to reduce corrosion and wear, is included. The wrench used to remove the blade is included in a slot on the tool
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested & certified by Ryobi to look and work like-new. The product includes all original accessories, and is backed by a 1 Year warranty.
- BATTERY AND CHARGER NOT INCLUDED
- Dry-fire lockout feature extends tool life
- Selectable drive shift with single sequential or contact actuation
- Low-nail indicator to quickly and easily see when it is time to reload
- Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ Cordless Fixed Base Trim Router (Bare-Tool) with Tool Free Depth Adjustment
- TOOL-LESS BIT CHANGES: No chuck keys are necessary to replace bits here. Simply place the bit into the chuck, grip it, and activate the drill to lock.
- VARIABLE TORQUE AND SPEED: 2-Speed gearbox and 24-position clutch give you access to a wide variety of applications, from the home to the construction site
- MAGTRAY: Store extra bits or fasteners on the tool when you're high up on a ladder and need easy access
- RUBBERIZED OVERGRIP on the pistol-style handle gives improved handling, making the tool useful in slippery conditions
- LED LIGHTS illuminate your work surface upon drill activation, increasing visibility and allowing you to work in dim conditions
- Part of the Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ system
- Multiple-position toolhead adds handling versatility
- LED light brightens work area
- Ergonomic GripZone overmold for maximum comfort
- Battery Type: Ni-Mh / Voltage: 18V / Capacity: 3500mAh / Color: Yellow
- Compatible with: Ryobi P100, P101, P200, P211 and Ryobi C Series Ryobi CDI Series
- Certification: Powerextra products are CE & RoHS certified tested by manufacturer more safety and stability
- Giveway: Offer gloves for protecting your hands while using the tools
- Guarantee: 30 days money back and 12 months limited Warranty from date of purchase, 24 hours warm-hearted service
- QUICK BLADE CHANGES: No tools necessary to change blades! Simply unlatch the front and the blades will pull out easily. This tool is compatible with any T-Shaped blade, which will slide and lock right into the system
- VARIABLE SPEED TRIGGER lets you change your power from job-to-job. Increase pressure on the trigger to increase the cutting speed and power of the saw
- ANTI-VIBRATION HANDLE: Work in comfort. Springs and rubber plates found inside the system make the rattling found with reciprocating applications easier on your joints, letting you work longer and more accurately
- RUBBER OVERMOLD lets you keep a grip on this power tool, even in slippery conditions
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This saw works with different types of Ryobi 18V batteries, including the P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
- Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ 1/2 in. Cordless 3-Speed Impact Wrench (Tool-Only)
- WALL MOUNTING: Keep this almost anywhere you need with the screw brackets located on the back of the unit. Note: Item is shipped in bulk packaging.
- DUAL CHEMISTRY: This charger works with both Ryobi's lithium ion and NiCad batteries. Compatible models include the P100, P101, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
- CHARGING GAUGE lets you see the progress of your battery's charge, so you can tell approximately how much time you have before you can get to work at full power
- TEMPERATURE INDICATOR lets you know if your battery is too hot or cold, letting you act accordingly
- INTELLIPORT TECHNOLOGY: This charger features a maintenance mode that knows when a battery is fully charged. Once full, this unit keeps those batteries conditioned for peak performance and maximized battery life. This uses less power than other charging units that never stop loading power into a battery, wasting energy and your money
- 4 ORBITAL SETTINGS: The higher the setting, the faster you can cut into wood. These higher settings are ideal for making straight cuts into lumber, with lower settings for making curves or cutting into metal
- BUILT-IN DUST BLOWER: This feature on the tool will help you clear debris away as you work, giving you clear vision
- LED LIGHTING gives you improved line-of-sight in poorly lit conditions
- BLADE SAVING BASE: As your blade wears out, you can drop the foot. This allows the blade to dig deeper, using fresher teeth near its base. With this, you'll use your whole blades, keeping them fresher for longer
- TRIGGER LOCK SYSTEM: Pull the trigger and press the button on the side of the unit to activate the locking system. With this feature, you can focus all of your energy on controlling your cuts the way you want to
- BATTERY OR AC: Works with the Ryobi One+ 18-volt battery system. Alternatively, plug in an extension cord to run the fan on AC power
- HANG ANYWHERE: Back bracket, hanging hooks, and screw mounting holes are located below and behind this fan so you can keep it anywhere in your garage for a custom cooling experience
- PIVOTING HEAD: can tilt up so you can have this blowing exactly where you need to
- VARIABLE SPEED OPTIONS: Fully customize your cooling experience with a low and high setting. This is what freedom looks like
- SOLD SEPARATELY: Extension cord, 18-volt battery, charger
- Enjoy the onboard sports ball needle, tapered adapter, and Presta Valve adapter. ALSO INCLUDED is a high-volume hose! The go-to for inflatable mattresses or pools
- Easily and quickly deflate your low-pressure inflatables with the high volume hose and nozzle as well! Simply attach the hose to side of the unit for deflation
- Accurate Inflation thanks to the integrated backlit digital pressure read-out. Adjust by plus or minus 1 PSI to ensure you don't overfill your items. Reads PSI,kPA and BAR
- Works With Ryobi 18 Volt Batteries (not Included)
- SPECS: [High pressure Inflator Operating Range: 0-150 PSI] [High Pressure Inflator (HPLV) Flow Rate: .33 SCFM at 35 PSI] [High Volume Inflator (HPLV) Flow Rate: 6.9 SCFM] [Tool Weight: 3.25 lbs.]
- Ryobi 18-Volt One+ Hand Vacuum offers great convenience to the user with the ability to pick up a variety of dry materials
- Hand Vacuum has a powerful motor and a dual-filter system that captures debris for removal and provides maximum vacuum performance
- Hand Vacuum is sold as a bare tool, available in blue or green color
- This Hand Vacuum works with any 18V One+ battery
- Crevice tool with built in slide brush for hard to reach areas
- Gripzone overmold for optimum grip and user control
- 11,000 ORBITS PER MINUTE helps result in virtually non-swirl finishes
- PERFECTLY SHAPED FOR CORNERS with intuitive design
- COMFORTABLE OVERMOLD provides a solid grip so that you can sand precisely and comfortably
- ON BOARD DUST PORT allows you to attach your favorite shop vacuum (not included)
- PART OF THE ONE+ FAMILY: This will work with Ryobi's 18v One+ battery. Even the yellow Ryobi 18 Volt batteries will work
See More Tool Reviews
Ridgid R86034 Review – Here
Knipex Linesman Pliers – Here
5 Gallon Bucket Handlers – Here
Best Socket Sets – Here
Mechanics 204 PC Tool Sets – Here
Drilling Straight Holes W/O a Drill Press – Here
Which Jigsaw Blade Should You Buy? – Here
Oscillating Tools from Porter Cable – Here
Zircon Studsensor – Here
Last update on 2018-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API