In This Article
- Best TENS Electric Pulse Massagers Review
- Best TENS Handheld Electronic Pulse Massagers
- What is TENS Electric Pulse Massager?
- How does TENS Electric Pulse Massage Work?
- Benefits of Electronic Pulse Massage
- Is TENS Safe?
- Why Buy a TENS Handheld Electriconic Pulse Massager?
- How to Use a TENS Unit Video
- The Best TENS Handheld Electronic Pulse Massagers Reviews
- MeasuPro Ultra Quiet Handheld Electric Pulse Massager
- Leg & Feet Electronic Pulse Massager Circulation Booster
- OTC HealthmateForever TENS & Muscle Stimulator – One of the Best Electronic Pulse Massagers for Baby Boomers
- AccuRelief Dual Channel TENS Electric Pulse Massager
- iReliev TENS and EMS Combination Electric Pulse Massager
- Balego® 7000 Electric Pulse Massager
- Healthmate Forever TENS Unit Electronic Pulse Massager
- Recommendations for When to Not Use a TENS Handheld Electronic Pulse Massager
Best TENS Electric Pulse Massagers Review
Do you feel like your muscles are sore all the time? Are you suffering from chronic back pain? Have you injured yourself in Crossfit or gym class? Maybe finding one of the best electric pulse massager units on the market is the best choice for you to relieve pain. Electric pulse massagers are also called TENS massagers and have helped many people relieve their pain.*
Best TENS Handheld Electronic Pulse Massagers
|Brand||Price||Click for Reviews|
|MeasuPro Ultra Quiet Handheld Electric Pulse Massager||$$||Learn More|
|OTC HEALTHMATEFOREVER TENS & MUSCLE STIMULATOR||$$||Learn More|
|ACCURELIEF DUAL CHANNEL TENS ELECTRIC PULSE MASSAGER||$||Learn More|
|IRELIEV TENS AND EMS COMBINATION ELECTRIC PULSE MASSAGER||$$$||Learn More|
|BALEGO® 7000 ELECTRIC PULSE MASSAGER||$||Learn More|
|HEALTHMATE FOREVER TENS UNIT ELECTRONIC PULSE MASSAGER||$$$||Learn More|
What is TENS Electric Pulse Massager?
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is a massage therapy which uses low-voltage electrical currents to relieve pain and help make your muscles feel relief. TENS electric pulse massage works by using a handheld battery-powered machine about the size of a pocket radio that transmits an electric through electrodes to areas affected.
You connect electrodes to your skin over the area of pain and set the electric pulse massager to the right setting for the pain. TENS electric pulse massagers are convenient because of their size, application, and convenience of the handheld electronic pulse machine to use at home.
Get Pain Relief When & Where You Want It
Some machines call out specific areas such as neck, arm, legs, etc. and other machines have dial or buttons to set the pulse and electric current. The current create a circuit of electrical impulses that travels along nerve fibers and help relieve your pain.
Most people feel less pain from using TENS therapy.*
How does TENS Electric Pulse Massage Work?
Doctors believe that your pain is relieved “because the electricity from the electrodes stimulates the nerves in an affected area and sends signals to the brain that block or “scramble” normal pain signals.
Another theory is that the electrical stimulation of the nerves may help the body to produce natural painkillers called endorphins, which may block the perception of pain.”
How do you decide which amount of electricity to pulse into your sore muscles? You can consult with your doctor or physical therapist or accupuncturist to decide which current is best for you.
Benefits of Electronic Pulse Massage
Electric pulse massage is used to relieve pain most often related to sore muscles, joint, or bone problems. If you have osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia, or for conditions such as pain in the lower back, neck, or shoulder, tendonitis or bursitis, TENS electric pulse massage may be a good choice to treat your pain.
Chronic Pain Relief
Some people who have chronic pain or acute pain also use TENS. You can use electric pulse massage any time your muscles or body needs pain relief at home.
Is TENS Safe?
TENS electric pulse massage is generally considered safe as long as you are mindful not to misuse the machine or overdo the amount of therapy sessions applied to a specific location on your body.*
LiveStrong.com says: A TENS machine — trancutaneous electrical nerve stimulator machine — overrides pain receptors in the brain. When used properly, side effects of TENS machines are generally mild, even with extended use. If you experience … negative effects with use of your TENS unit, discontinue use and see your health care provider. – Livestrong.com
As with any self-medication, it’s best to have your physical therapist or doctor train you how to use the electric pulse massage machine and implement the recommended therapy sessions properly. With any alternative therapy, you should consult with a physician or alternative medicine practitioner of your preference.
Why Buy a TENS Handheld Electriconic Pulse Massager?
Handheld electronic pulse massagers are safe for home use. They have adjustable settings that make it easy for you to keep your back pain at bay. Why pay for a therapist when you can purchase your own electric pulse massager to treat your chronic back pain and sore muscles?
Can you afford to see a massage therapist as much as you need to? Probably not.
Because they are not too expensive, you can easily buy one of the best electric pulse massagers, extra pads and the gel for about $60 depending upon the model. You can reuse the massager as many times as you need to affect your pain.
Electronic pulse massagers help people feel relaxed and relieve stress associated with long-term pain. Buy an electric pulse massager to relieve your pain today, but make sure you consult with your doctor for advice and best practices before applying any handheld electronic pulse massagers to your areas of pain.
How to Use a TENS Unit Video
To learn how to use a TENS unit – electronic pulse massager – in general terms, this is an excellent TENS unit video explaining how most TENS units work to heal pain.
The Best TENS Handheld Electronic Pulse Massagers Reviews
MeasuPro Ultra Quiet Handheld Electric Pulse Massager
The MeasuPro Electronic Tens Massager eases pain from sore and tired muscles by delivering electric impulses. Using this pulse massager properly will provide a natural way to alleviate pain and allow users to enjoy healthy and comfortable life.
MeasuPro Electric Pulse Massager has 3 pulse stimulation modes: massage, beat and knead to tackle any type of muscle pain.
Choose between “Auto Procedure” to target a specific muscle group or “Manual Mode”. Intensity and speed can be increased at any time. Auto shut off feature protects battery life.
This electronic pulse massager is handheld and easy-to-use. This electric pulse massager makes relaxing achy muscles and relieving pain as simple as pressing a button.
Large visible buttons clearly display waist, shoulder, joint, leg, back and hand/foot to easily get customized impulses sent to desired muscle groups. Increasing intensity or speed is just as simple.
The Measure Pro ultra-quiet electric pulse massager has a stylish design in a compact, portable size – take it to the gym, the office or on vacation. Large backlit LCD display gives visible confirmation of muscles being targeted, timer, speed, intensity and pressure mode. This TENS unit allows user to increase intensity and speed with a choice of 10 easily adjustable levels. Use both outputs or just one and still receive the same amount of power. Get Specs
Leg & Feet Electronic Pulse Massager Circulation Booster
Looking for something more substantial to affect your feet and leg pain? This electriconic pulse massager / electric stimulator activates the nerve endings in your feet to affect the muscles in your legs.
The Revitive Circulation Booster is FDA approved.
The electric pulse helps your muscles contract and relax to help improve circulation, relieve achy legs & feet and helps strengthen your legs muscles.
Achieve pain relief in your legs that a smaller hand-held electric pulse massager can’t achieve. This electric pulse massager will help pump blood back into your legs due to lack of activity and poor circulation. As always, read the reviews, consult with a physician and make sure this is the right product to use before implementing a home treatment to your routine.
One of the best electric pulse massagers, this massager has buttons which are clearly labelled with words like “Neck”, “Shoulder”,”Back”, “Elbow”, “Hip”, “Ankle”,”Knee”, “Foot/Hand”, “Wrist” to help you focus treatment on the exact spot with the best pulsing to relieve the pain.
The large LCD display on this electric pulse massager comes with a backlight which shows you at a glance exactly what you need for your targeted area, including the type of massage.
Especially designed for baby boomers and elders. 15 modes easy to select the right button to help pain relief, belt clip makes it portable . Powerful- 4 outputs can output the same 20 levels of intensity without reducing the strength. Get Specs
AccuRelief Dual Channel TENS Electric Pulse Massager
The AccuRelief electric pulse massager uses Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation or TENS. This electric pulse massager is clinically proven for safe and effective pain relief, simple-to-operate, portable device for pain management starts working instantly safely blocking the pain signals*.
This electric pulse massager is FDA cleared for over-the-counter sale.
Six preset programs that correspond to a selected body part and six additional programs for tailored treatment, powerful with 25 levels of adjustable intensity, 30 minute treatment with auto shut-off. The reusable premium electrodes are lightweight and flexible and contour to almost any body part.
The AccuRelief electric pulse massager comes complete with TENS unit, four reusable, self-adhesive premium electrode gel pads, one pair of lead wires, three AAA long-life batteries, instruction manual, quick start guide, and electrode placement guide.
iReliev TENS and EMS Combination Electric Pulse Massager
Great for Arthritis! TENS blocks Pain, EMS strengthens and helps muscle recover and heal quicker. Get the Competitive Edge with On Demand Pain Relief, Muscle Strength & Performance.
Athletes & Performers have long benefited from two clinically supported therapies to help relieve pain (TENS) & improve muscle performance, strength & recovery (EMS).
This highly innovative electric pulse massager offers 14 pre-set therapy modes making this system extremely easy to use & versatile.
The integrated TENS modes (P1-P8) generate a safe & effective output sensation that helps block pain or increase endorphins, a natural pain reliever. The EMS programs (P1-P6) deliver rhythmic massage-like impulses that help increase blood flow to promote muscle recovery, strength & performance. Get Specs
Balego® 7000 Electric Pulse Massager
The BalegoTM Electrotherapy Pain Management System features: Dual Channel, 5 modes, Timer, Patient Compliance Meter, New Stronger 100mA output, safety amplitude cover, sturdy metal belt clip, rubber side railings for maximum handling and a premium silver finish.
People with back pain, arthritic or inflamed discs and joints, shoulder tension and many more injuries and disabilities will benefit from the relaxation and release of tension. Get Specs
Healthmate Forever TENS Unit Electronic Pulse Massager
The Healthmate Forever TENS Unit Electronic Pulse Massager uses state of the art TENS EMS bioelectrical muscle stimulator powered by built-in rechargeable lithium battery.
Relying on ancient Chinese therapeutic methods (Tuina, acupuncture, Guasha, body building … ) and modern technologies combined (Human Body Simulation technology, bionic technology, bioelectricity technology and microcomputer intelligent control technology), the Healthmate Forever boasts a big claim… but reviews of this electric pulse massager seem to support the claim. See Reviews on Amazon
Animated display on LCD screen: massage mode, intensity, treatment time, battery charging time and battery level indicator.
This TENS massager has easily adjustable settings which include programmable Auto & Pause modes. The built-in timer can run from 10 to 60 minutes, and a default timer is set for 20 minutes. Feel pain relief with 20 levels of strength- adjustable by increasing or decreasing steadily 6 programmed massage modes.
When time is due, the Healthmate massager automatically shuts off. Pocket sized, portable and convenient – this is a nice massager to relieve your pain. It’s effective and safe if you simply follow the operation instruction booklet and placement points chart.
Dual channels 8 pcs of self adhesive conductive reusable pads can be used at same time and replaceable self-adhesive conductive gel pads can be used. You do not need to use a cream and gel together.
Dual power sources that let you charge or use the pack with a rechargeable batter pack. Or connect to a computer USB port. Get Specs
Recommendations for When to Not Use a TENS Handheld Electronic Pulse Massager
- If you are using a handheld electronic pulse massager, make sure that you move the pads around. It’s not wise to leave them in one place pulsing for a long time. Consult with your doctor and be sure to read the manual that came with your TENS massager.
- If you are using a TENS handheld massager, do not apply it to broken skin or irritated skin. Be sure to clean your skin and apply the pads to normal, unirritated skin.
- Never use a TENS handheld electronic pulse massager IN water. Do not use it while bathing, showering or washing your hands. Do not use it in a swimming pool or sauna. You will risk being electrocuted if you do.
- Never use the TENS massagers while driving a car, truck, van, machinery or farm equipment. Don’t use it while on a riding mower.
- Never use a TENS handheld electronic massager whilst sleeping.
- If you are pregnant or use any sort of mechanic device or have have metal implants including titanium, do not use a TENS Unit.
- If you have epilepsy, do not use a TENS unit.
TENS Unit Best Sellers
In addition to reading our commentary above, it’s always good to see what your peers are buying and recommending. Here’s a recap of the top 10 TENS units & accessories selling on Amazon. Make an informed buying decision with the most information possible.
- Buttons are clearly labelled with words like "Neck", "Shoulder","Back", "Elbow", "Hip", "Ankle","Knee", "Foot/Hand", "Wrist",not "Pulse-Width", or "Waveform." The large LCD display with new featureed backlight shows you at a glance exactly whatyou need for your targeted area, including the type of massage"Knead, Acu (Acupuncture), Tap, Cupping, Scraping (Gusha),Random" and the time left on the cycle. It's fully automatic!
- HealthmateForever TENS & muscle Stimulator US Patent No. USD723178S. Especially designed for boomers, elders, we add new feature: backlit as elders can see the LCD screen and more custom made condition buttons make it much easier to choose the right button for your condition you need to treat. 2014 version state-of-the-art Over the Counter Use TENS electrotherapy unit with 15 modes and 4 outputs will help treat multi targeted areas with adjustable 20 level of intensity and frequency to reduce pain, by stimulating your nerves and muscles and relaxing your body - anytime anywhere
- New Features: Most Advanced! -15 modes, easy to select the right button to help pain relief, belt clip makes it portable . Powerful- 4 outputs can output the same 20 levels of intensity without reducing the strength. They are so powerful as the one used in chiropractor's office. The 4 outputs have same strength, no matter you use 1 output or 4 outputs at the same time without deviding the strength by 8 pads like old version to weaken the power. Easy To Use - The HealthmateForever YK15 is very simple to use.
- Timer: default 80 minutes. When time is due, it is auto shut off. If you starts to use it again, please switch off and switch on the unit. Intensity adjustable: 20 levels of intensity, to increase "Intensity +" button from level 1 through level 20 or decrease " Intensity -" button from level 20 through level 1 on the right side of the unit. Speed +" button increases frequency of mode or " Speed -" button decreases frequency of mode. Effective - 9 Auto Stimulation Programs, Fully-adjustable Speed & Intensity, 6 Selectable Massage Settings, Uses High-Frequency Pulses to Provide Pain Relief. If you have one of the following conditions, please consult with your physician before purchasing or using this device. Any acute disease; tumor; infectious disease; pregnant; heart disease; high fever; abnormal blood pressure; lack of skin sensation or an abnormal skin condition; any condition requiring the active supervision of a physician.
- A Large, easy to read LCD display of 15 modes, current time left on session, intensity and battery level indicator; • Backlight: press any key to turn light on to see the LCD display • Default 80 minute timer; • 15 different therapeutic massage modes with different waveforms; • Double value: 4 outputs with independent intensity control in Channel A1/A2 or Channel B1/B2; For example, you can use 7 levels of intensity in channel A1/ A2 for neck pain relief, at the same time you can use 12 levels of intensity in Channel B1/B3 of sciatica nerve pain relief; • The device is powerful as 4 outputs have 100% power. The power is not divided by 4 outputs to weaken the strength; • 20 intensity level settings; • Speed (+) increases frequency of mode; • Speed (-) decreases frequency of mode; • The device is powered by replaceable 3 AAA batteries; • Power saving with Auto shut off when the device is not used.
- Electronic nerve stimulation (ens) for pain management and rehabilitation
- Includes: 1 complete sets electrodes - four (4) individual electrodes in all, a TENS unit manual, TENS Unit, lead wires, 9-volt battery, instructions, carrying case
- Professional unit: Tens 7000. Portable unit with flexible and adjustable settings
- 5 modes of operation: burst, normal, modulation, strength duration 1 and strength duration 2
- Automatically time and record sessions (record over 900 hours)
- 16 preprogrammed massage mode, 20 levels of strength adjustable by increasing or decreasing steadily. People with back pain, arthritic or inflamed discs/ joints, shoulder tension and many more injuries and disabilities would benefit from the units relaxation and release of tension.
- Easily adjustable settings,animated display on LCD screen: massage mode, intensity, treatment time. Built in timer from 10 to 60 minutes,default timer: 20 minutes. When time is due, it is automatically shut off.
- Simultaneous dual output design, 8 pcs of self adhesive conductive reusable pads , replaceable self-adhesive conductive gel pads, not necessary to use any cream and gel together,allows 6 pads to be applied to the two different targeted areas at the same time.Extra bonus: free 2 large pads.
- Built in rechargeable lithium battery-- up to 10 hours of continuous use. It can be connected to wall unit or computer USB port to charge. Don't worries about treatment interruption for dead AA batteries any more. With battery level indicator remind you charge timely.
- Pocket size, portable and convenient:relax any time! Anywhere! Total body relaxation: use for back, knee, shoulder, ankles, wrist and elbow and make this the most powerful weapon in your fight against chronic pain. Please use right usb cable and do not use this item while it's charging.this item needs to be put it in state of "on" when charging it
- PREMIUM QUALITY These electrodes for TENS unit are reusable several times with proper care & storage
- ENSURED DURABILITY Syrtenty® TENS unit patches last longer with resealable packaging
- UNIVERSAL Replacement electrodes for all TENS, EMS & IF units using pigtail pin type connectors
- FDA CLEARED OTC These medical-grade TENS electrodes can exercise your abs with EMS
- FLEXIBILITY & COMFORT TENS pads with cloth backing and quality gel are self adhesive and latex free
- The TENS 7000 device includes lead wires, four self-adhesive reusable electrodes,
- 9V battery, hard plastic carrying case and instruction manual
- The TENS unit 7000 is one of the most popular TENS Unit systems to this date. Don't worry
- The Tens 7000 2nd Edition unit has been proven in providing relief for that terrible chronic nerve pain in your neck or back
- What is TENS? Stands for "Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation"- a safe, non-invasive, drug free method of pain relief used by physical therapists and prescribed Doctors for over 30 years. The iReliev Dual Channel TENS Pain Relief System produces low-voltage pulses that when electrode pads are applied to your skin stimulates nerve fibers to help block the pain signal to your brain. Also may increase natural endorphins, "the bodies feel good chemical"-a natural pain reliever.
- Feature & Program Modes: Dual channel functionality, which means you can use with 2 electrode pads per channel for Smaller Body Parts or 4 For Large Body Parts or Multiple Body Parts. Features 8 Pre-Programmed Therapy Modes for both acute and chronic pain symptoms. 25 levels of high output Intensity--or 80 mA, unmatched for a device this compact and portable.
- Why iReliev is better: iReliev is Portable, Affordable & Effective. With 8 pre-set modes, iReliev is easier to use and quick navigate to the feature you want. More Compact & Portable. Say NO...to TV remote control size devices that make portable on the go therapy impossible. The iReliev System is perfect for therapy on the go with included belt clip and holster. You can wear iReliev, un-noticed while at work, on the go or relaxing at home.
- Special Features: Auto-lock your settings on the go to avoid accidental change, 3 included non-rechargeable AAA batteries while give you up to 30 hours, The large digital LCD display shows Program Mode P1-P8, Power Level, Battery Life, 5-60 Adjustable Timer, Intensity Output By Channel and Auto-lock out setting feature.
- What the System Includes: iReliev Dual Channel TENS Device, 3-AAA non-rechargeable batteries to get maximum output power (80mA), 2-lead wires (1 lead wire per channel), 4/Pack of Electrode Pads, (We estimate that you can get 10-30 uses per pack with proper care), small tote bag with draw strings, device belt clip holder, operating manual and quick start guide.
- 2 in 1: iReliev TENS + EMS Combination Unit Combines Two Therapies in 1 device.
- What is TENS?: Stands for "Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation"- a safe, non-invasive, drug free method of pain relief used by Physical Therapists and prescribed Doctors for over 30 years. The iReliev Bundle delivers low-voltage pulses to the skin to stimulate nerve fibers effectively blocking the pain signal to your brain. Also increases natural endorphins--a natural pain reliever. You can say GOODBYE to those pain pills that have been dulling your life!
- What is EMS? : Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) also known as neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) is the elicitation of muscle contraction using electrical impulses. EMS has the potential to serve as a strength training and rehab tool as well as offer post-exercise recovery benefits for athletes.
- 14 Therapy Modes: 7 TENS Pain Relief Modes, 1 Arthritis TENS Mode & 6 EMS Muscle Strength & Recovery Modes
- Features: 25 levels of 80 mA intensity, 5-60 minute adjustable timer, lock function, dual channel versatility, portable design!
- Parker Labs 12-02
- Product of choice for conductive rubber/carbon electrodes
- Product of choice for ECG, TENS, monitoring and pediatrics Non-irritating, hypoallergenic, bacteriostatic Salt-free, no sodium ion transfer
- Non-gritty STAY-WET® formula allows for prolonged use without re-application
- WHAT IS TECHCARE MASSAGER : It is a combination of TENS and PMS device, drug free method of pain relief used by Physical Therapists and prescribed Doctors for over 40 years. FDA Approved TechCare Massagers delivers low-voltage pulses to the skin to stimulate nerve fibers effectively blocking the pain signal to your brain. Also increases natural endorphins--a natural pain reliever. There will be NO need for pain pills ANYMORE!
- FEATURES : 24 preprogramed massage modes. Tapping, Acupuncture, Deep Tissue, Foot, Cupping, Combo. Adjustable 10 to 60 minutes timer by using " T " button. Rechargeable internal lithium battery. Up to 20 hours continues use. A-B Output will allow you to use it as 2 separate users.
- WHAT IS INCLUDED ? : 1x 2017 Newest Model Controller, 6 Large Electrodes ( Pads ), 2 Electrodes Cables, User's Manual, Usb and Wall Charger, 1 Small Electrode Pad and Wire Holder, 1 Treatment Points Chart they all come with LIFE TIME LIMITED WARRANTY
- PAIN RELIEF: Techcare Massager contracts and releases the muscles, gets the knots out and will give you all the benefits of a massage. Chiropractors has been using this method for the people suffers from Neck Pain, Pain Relief Therapy for Tennis Elbow, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Arthritis, Bursitis, Tendonitis, Plantar Fasciitis, Sciatica, Back Pain, Fibromyalgia, Shin Splints, Migraine, Neuropathy and other Inflammation Ailments.
- WARRANTY: Techcare Massager backed up with Limited Lifetime Warranty and 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
- 1.MULTI-FUNCTIONAL:Helps back, knee, shoulder, ankles, neck，wrist and elbow in easing pain,tiredness.
- 2. 16 PRE-PROGRAMMED MODES:20 levels of strength adjustable Choose Knocking,Acupuncture,Kneading,Shiatsu,Vibration,Rubbing and more with the simple touch of a button.
- 3.PORTABLE PAIN RELIE:Ultra-quiet electronic muscle stimulator,portable size take it to the gym, the office or on vacation!Large backlit LCD display gives visible confirmation of muscles being targeted,timer,speed,intensity and pressure mode.
- 4.PORTABLE PAIN RELIE:This ultra-quiet electronic muscle stimulator has a stylish design in a compact,portable size take it to the gym, the office or on vacation!Large backlit LCD display gives visible confirmation of muscles being targeted,timer,speed,intensity and pressure mode.
- 5.DUAL OUTPUT DESIGN:8 Pcs of self adhesive conductive reusable pads , replaceable self-adhesive conductive gel pads, not necessary to use any cream and gel together,allows 4 pads to be applied to the two different targeted areas at the same time.Extra bonus:free 2 large pads and 2 small pads.
*Always consult with a doctor before self-medicating and using an electronic pulse massager. All claims on www.thebestof.us are anecdotal and supported by user feedback and not medical advice prescribed by a physician. The Best Of’s reviews are based on user feedback and not liable for any misuse or injury as a result of electric pulse machines.
**If you have one of the following conditions, please consult with your physician before purchasing or using a massager or electric pulse stimulator. Any acute disease; tumor; infectious disease; pregnant; heart disease; high fever; abnormal blood pressure; lack of skin sensation or an abnormal skin condition; any condition requiring the active supervision of a physician.
And while you are relieving your pain, pick up a portable lap desk to keep working while sitting. 🙂