In This Article
- What Type of Jigsaw Blade to Use?
- The Question is: “What Type of Jigsaw Blade to Use?”
- See More Of Our Tool Reviews:
What Type of Jigsaw Blade to Use?
A jigsaw blade is an essential component of any serious DIY’er, woodworker, or handyman’s toolkit. It can make either straight or curved cuts in a variety of materials, including wood, metal, particleboard, even notoriously difficult ceramic tile. On top of it’s versatility, it’s both operator friendly and safe. Since the question isn’t as much “do I need a jigsaw blade?” (you do) and more – the question is which one?
Wood Magazine Recommend’s Bosch Clean-For-Wood Blades – Get Pricing
The Question is: “What Type of Jigsaw Blade to Use?”
We’ll help answer that question.
Jigsaw blades are custom-made to their applications, meaning that there are blades for thick, thin, hard, soft wood, and every variable in between.
So, in attempting to answer “What Type of Jigsaw Blade to Use?” the best follow up is question is “for what?”
Assuming you aren’t a Nick Offerman level woodworker and just want a jigsaw blade for any general application, it would seem from user reviews that Bosch’s Xtra-clean and Progressor blades offer a great deal of versatility over a variety of wooden materials. Users be warned, however, we weren’t able to locate too much information on these blades performance on materials such as metal or particle board. But, for $9 or $10 on Amazon, buyers can take a risk.
For the more advanced woodworkers amongst us, you may be asking “What Type of Jigsaw Blade to Use?” and thinking about other materials, such as metal or ceramic or even laminate flooring. Fear not, for there are a plethora of options available.
For materials like laminate floors, you want a blade with at least 18 teeth per inch in order to prevent chipping and ensure a straight, clean cut.
For tougher materials like metals, you’ll want to use blades with 18-24 teeth per inch. Fortunately, neither of these purchases will break the bank and it leaves users room to figure out the exact specifications they need for their specific flooring or metal working project. Bosch again comes to mind as a great option for jigsaw blades, with metal cutting kits running about $7 at Home Depot.
As for laminates, any blade with the right amount of teeth will do and the manufacturer is really up to the buyer.
With this knowledge in mind, go forth and conquer your projects, cut metal to your liking and dominate the wood to your will.
- The product is 10PC T-Shank Jig Blade
- This assortment of blades adds function and affordability to your jigsaw blade needs
- Compatible with Bosch, DEWALT, Hitachi, Makita, Milwaukee, Metabo, Porter-Cable, and Craftsman jig saws
- Set includes two each of T101B, T119BO, T144D, T118A, and T118B jig saw blades
- Eliminates the need to set the screw in a mounting hole to reduce breakage
- Crafted to the durable Bosch standard
- Essential assortment of tempered and heat-treated high alloy and cobalt steel jig saw blades gets you ready to cut wide variety of materials
- 14-blade set includes 2 each of 6 TPI (Teeth Per Inch) blades for fast cutting of wood, plastic, PVC, and other non-metal material 8 TPI medium cut and 10 TPI for smooth cuts
- For cutting aluminum, copper and soft steel set includes 2 each of 14 TPI and 18 TPI medium cut, 24 TPI fine cut and 32 TPI extra fine cut
- Universal fit for all makes and brands of power jig saws using standard 1/4"-width blade insertion end
- Outstanding value for any home or professional workshop
- Universal shank jigsaw blades for wood, composites, plywood
- Blades for scroll cuts and regular cuts in hard wood and wet wood
- Blades measure from 2.8-Inch to 3.6-Inch in length
- Includes 20 blades
- T-shank design fits all Bosch and DEWALT jig saws
- 6, 10, 12, 18, 32-teeth per inch blades
- 6TPI/10TPI blades are 4-inches long
- 18TPI/32TPI blades are 3-inches long
- Wood and Metal applications
- Scrolling blades ideal for intricate cutting in wood
- Metal blades are for cutting in metal, aluminum and non-ferrous metal
- Wood cutting blades are general purpose
- Pointed teeth reduce splintering on both sides of the workpiece
- For use on double-sided laminates, laminated substrates, mdf, hard and soft woods, and plywood
- 20 TPI pointed tooth profile and narrow blade body optimized for clean, curved cuts and scrolling
- 5 piece pack
- T-shank design fits Bosch and DEWALT jig saws.
- Integra Tools Platinum BladesTM Series for Wood and Metal applications.
- Blades for scroll cuts and regular cuts in metal; hard wood and soft wood.
- Aggressive tooth pitch provides the super-fast cuts in both thick and thin materials.
- All Purpose, Specialty, Wood, Metal and Plastic Cutting Capabilities.
See More Of Our Tool Reviews:
Knipex Linesman Pliers – Here
Last update on 2018-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API